Chances are that if you look out your window, you don't have an ocean to look at. Now close your eyes and imagine yourself on a white sandy beach with a tropical drink in your hand looking out into the turquoise sea. Sounds enticing? Then Riviera Maya is the place to go!
Stretching along the Caribbean coastline of the Yucatán peninsula between Cancún and Tulum, Riviera Maya mixes sparkling white sandy beaches with Mayan ruins and coral reef....including the largest coral reef in the Northern Hemisphere. The most popular town, Playa del Carmen, has grown from a sleepy fishing village to a happening hotspot with it's trendy Fifth Avenue, known for great shops, dining, golf and nightlife. Whether you're looking to lounge in the sun with a margarita at a beach bar or snorkel in the protected waters of a cenote, there's no wrong choice in Riviera Maya.
Things to do in Riviera Maya:
1. Chichen Itza- Chichen Itza is the capital of the ancient Mayan empire and is geographically located in the middle of a spectacular natural environment in the Yucatan Peninsula. Declared as one of the New 7 World Wonders, you can visit magnificent temples such as the Kukulcan Pyramid and the Ball Game Court. If you visit on March 21st or September 21st you can admire a unique spectacle: the Equinox which happens at approximately 3:00 p.m.
2. Xcaret- Known as ''nature's sacred paradise'', is one of the world's most famous eco-archaeological parks. Here, you will find archaeological ruins, a dolphin show, horses, a farm with tropical birds, butterflies, bat caves and a stunning beach. You can also go snorkeling in the famous caves and the well known underground river. Make sure to check out snuba diving!
3. Tulum and Xel-ha Tour- Discover one of the most beautiful archaeological sites of the Riviera Maya, the only one overlooking the Caribbean Sea and its turquoise waters as a walled fortress. It is believed that Tulum was once, one of the main ports of the Maya civilization. Let yourself be taken into the temple of the frescoes and "El Castillo", an amazing temple built on a cliff with splendid views of the coast. From here you will be taken to Xel-Ha a spectacular theme water park where you will spend a day of adventure enjoying natural, ecological and aquatic attractions. You will explore inlets, coves, underground rivers called cenotes, mangroves and sail along the lazy river on inner tubes. Simply a paradise for those who enjoy snorkeling and diving in unique natural spots.
4. Selvatica Extreme Canopy Adventure- Imagine yourself experiencing a 12 station world-class zip line circuit then climb into an army truck for the short ride to the Cenote – a freshwater sink hole – where you can zip into, dive into or walk into the water for a refreshing swim.
5. Xplor- One of the best adventure tour in the Riviera Maya! Explore and defy your emotions in natural surroundings under the surface of the earth with this All Inclusive Adventure. At Xplor, you'll have the chance to drive amphibious vehicles, go zip-lining, and raft through caves filled with stalactites.
Ready to go? Contact us to book your next all inclusive vacation package that not only includes air and resort accomodations but also
2 free checked in bags, transportation to the resort on your arrival and back to the airport on the day of your departure, all meals, all drinks including alcohol, non motorized water sports and so much more. Don't forget that only a $50.00 deposit is required on select packages with final payment due 48 days prior to departure. Contact us today for more information!